The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark works with an aim to fight poverty with human rights and economic growth. It is focused on some of the poorest countries in the world. The agency working for international development is referred to as DANIDA (Danish International Development Agency).
- Human rights and democracy
- Support democratic elections, parliaments, political parties, civil society and a free and critical media.
- Promote good governance and the establishment of democratic institutions, including setting-up and access to effective, independent judicial systems and complaint mechanisms, enhanced capacity and decentralization of public administration and the fight against corruption.
- Strengthen international cooperation for human rights, democracy and good governance.
- Work to strengthen gender equality and ensure women’s and girls’ rights.
- Strengthen the effort in the fight for closing tax loopholes, address illegal capital transfers and promote fair taxation of natural resources in the world’s poorest countries.
- Promote social dialogue and trade union rights as a tool for poverty reduction.
- Green growth
- Support developing countries in eradicating poverty and generate sustainable development through green growth, increased earnings and more jobs, not least for the youth.
- Support green growth based on sustainable management and use of natural resources.
- Contribute to strengthen the international and national framework for green growth and enhance the coherence with environmental protection.
- Promote innovative technology and financial solutions within agriculture, forestry, environment, energy, water, and climate.
- Promote a resource efficient food production which sustainably and effectively can feed an increasing population
- Contribute to increasing developing countries’ access to sustainable energy and strengthen the support to more sustainable and resource efficient management and use of energy and water.
- Promote poor men and women’s increased participation and improved access to water, land, knowledge and financing
- Stability and Protection
- Strengthen efforts for conflict prevention with emphasis on reducing tension, strengthen dialogue and mediation, and promote human rights and the protection of civilians.
- Place state and peace building at the centre of efforts in fragile states through the promotion of legitimate governance and increased cohesion in society.
- Strengthen efforts for poverty reduction, social development, growth and employment creation in fragile states.
- Work for more effective whole of government interventions which are tailor-made and locally rooted in fragile states based on ”The New Deal” and the Peacebuilding and Statebuilding Goals.
- Mitigate humanitarian needs and contribute to the protection of those affected by conflict, crises and disasters in full respect of the humanitarian principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence.
- Strengthen resilience among vulnerable groups and our efforts to prevent disasters.
- Strengthen cooperation with and among regional and multilateral organisations, in particular the UN, in fragile and conflict affected states and work to operationalize the R2P principles.
- Burkina Faso
- South Sudan
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on Bilateral Donors Worldwide. Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!