After you submit your grant application package, a confirmation screen will appear on your computer screen. This screen will confirm your submission of application to Grants.gov. This page also contains a tracking number to identify the status of your submission in the Track My Application feature.
Once Grants.gov has received your submission, Grants.gov will send email messages to advise you of the progress of your application through the system. Over the next two business days, you should receive two emails:
- Submission Receipt Email: Confirms successful receipt of your application by the Grants.gov system and indicates application status is “Received.”
- Submission Validation –OR– Rejection with Errors Email: Indicates that your application was either successfully validated or rejected by Grants.gov system prior to transmission to the grantor agency.
Track Your Application Package
To track and check the status of your submitted applications, enter a Grants.gov tracking numbers and click the Submit Tracking Number(s) button. The tracking number for a submitted application will be provided in the confirmation email that you receive within two business days after you submit the application.
Please note, this only confirms that an application was successfully retrieved by the awarding agency. Thereafter in the process, the awarding agency reviews and processes the applications independent of Grants.gov, and they do not report the status to Grants.gov.
The system will only return a status for valid tracking numbers.
Ways to Track Application without a Tracking Number
You may also monitor the processing status of your application submission by logging in to your Grants.gov account:
- Click on the Applicant Login link
- Log in to the system using your username and password
- Once logged in, click on the Check Application Status link near the top left of the Applicant Center page
- Review the status of all the submitted applications.