Deadline: 25 August 2016
WWF has launched a call for proposals for CO-SEED Grant Program – Civil Society Capacity Building and Advocacy within the project CO-SEED Civil society acts for environmentally sound socio-economic development.
The program aims to contribute to the sustainable management of natural resources through improved regulatory framework and more participatory and transparent decision-making processes, which involve a vibrant group of civil society organizations and increased attention of the media on the topic, with benefits for society at large.
The pillars on which the attainment of the objective lies are captured in the four specific results, which address smooth running of the Action:
- Building the capacity of the CSOs on lobbying and advocacy
- Improving regulatory framework for EIAs and SEAs
- Influencing EIA/SEA public consultations
- Raising the attention of media while increasing their capacity to flag out issues around public consultation processes reflecting the importance of CSOs participation
Civil Society Capacity Building and Advocacy Grant will award 252,000 Euros in total in five countries.
- Organizations registered in the below mentioned five countries will be eligible for financial support.
- Eligible organizations may be any of the following civil society organizations:
- Applicants should:
- be active for at least 2 years, verified by excerpt from national registry,
- have main field of work as protection of environment and nature, or participatory governance/democratization (lobbying, building citizen awareness and competence, encouraging public participation, transparency, access to information, political representation) of society with a track record in environmental protection, verified by list and summary of previous projects/activities;
- Project Manager of the Grantee Organization to sufficiently communicate in English in order to actively participate in the capacity building events listed below, engage with international counterparts and exchange information.
How to Apply
Applications and all supporting documents must be sent via email.
For more information, please visit WWF CO-SEED Grant Program.