Deadline: 31 August 2016
The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) is currently accepting proposals for its Conservation Grants program, in order to support the effective conservation and protection of cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value in Africa.
The main objective of the AWHF is to address the challenges faced by African State Parties in the implementation of the 1972 Convention, specifically, the underrepresentation of African sites on the World Heritage List and the insufficient conservation and management of these sites.
AWHF grant will only cover direct costs related to the project activities.
The projects MUST be implemented within 12 months. Successful projects will be notified in June 2017.
- Countries/Region – Africa
- Project activities are restricted to World Heritage Sites as declared by UNESCO.
- Project proposals MUST address challenges affecting the State of conservation of selected World Heritage property.
- Government institutions involved in the management and protection of World Heritage Sites must apply.
- The application must be approved by Head/Director of heritage institution/organization accompanied by a cover letter endorsing the project.
- Applicants should provide detailed budget in US$ for every activity to be implemented;
- Applicants should indicate the State Parties’ contribution to the project.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit downloadable application form available on the website via email (as an attachment).
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic,Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia,Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria,Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit AWHF Conservation Grants.