The Swiss Cultural Fund UK (SCF) supports Swiss cultural interventions across many artistic fields to British audiences and contributes to an intercultural dialogue between Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- The Swiss Cultural Fund UK’s project budget is limited, therefore grants awarded generally do not exceed a maximum allocation of £3000 per project.
- The Project must:
- Demonstrate a high standard of artistic quality or specialist skill
- Be innovative in subject and professional in implementation
- Be accessible to the public
- Promote sustainability and social inclusivity
- Demonstrate an appropriate cost-benefit ratio. The project is suitably budgeted for.
- Special attention is given to projects that:
- Forge strong partnerships with renowned institutions throughout the UK to ensure the widest possible exposure and the best qualitative impact
- Demonstrate how artistic perspectives can highlight diverse voices and innovative takes in societal topics
- Engage with local artists and / or local communities
- Stimulate Swiss artists’ career and network
- The Project must fall within the mission of the Swiss Cultural Fund: to support Swiss cultural interventions to UK audiences and contribute to an intercultural dialogue between Switzerland and the UK.
- The productions of a project that is in a Research & Development phase when applying can be supported. The R&D phase itself is not eligible for funding. The applicant must specify how they intend to allocate the funding they apply for.
- Artists can only apply once they have a project planned with a well-established and recognized not-for-profit cultural organization or venue in the UK.
- The same project cannot be supported twice. Example: the Fund supported the presentation of a new work, with which you now wish to tour. This second application does not qualify for support.
- Applicants must be Swiss nationals or must have been living in Switzerland continuously for at least five years and have a proven track record.
- Venues / institutions may apply on behalf of the Swiss artist(s) they are presenting. When applying on behalf of Swiss artists, venues / institutions must specify how they intend to allocate the funding they apply for.
- Artists who are students will not be supported by means of a bursary or similar grant.
For more information,visit Swiss Cultural Fund UK .