Community groups, organisations and individuals are invited to apply for grant funding of up to $4,000 through the City of Unley’s Community Grants Program.
The purpose of the program is to encourage and support community initiatives that respond to local needs, enhance community wellbeing and quality of life and are of benefit to their residents.
- Grant funding of up to a maximum of $4,000 is available. Projects and/or programs that commence prior to 1 June 2023 are not eligible and will not be funded.
What funding is available?
- You may apply for funding of up to $4,000 in the areas of:
- Recreation (i.e. innovative community recreation and physical activity programs; new equipment, fitness programs new to Unley)
- Art and Culture (i.e. collaborative arts projects between artists and the community, cultural awareness programs, community art projects)
- Community (i.e. new initiatives and/or programs especially targeting disadvantaged or minority groups, learning and skill development, community health and safety programs, new equipment that increases the ability of a group to deliver a service or program to the wider community, promotion of healthy eating and access to healthy food)
- Disability Access and Inclusion (i.e. initiatives, services and/or programs to support disability access and inclusion in their community)
- Environment (i.e. community garden projects, environmental awareness and education, streetscape programs in partnership with Council, initiatives that reduce water and energy use, waste, minimise pollution or improve vegetation).
What is the criteria for funding?
- Your project/program must:
- Provide evidence that your project is needed by the community
- Have a direct benefit to the target community
- Be sustainable, educational and innovative
- Have a wider benefit for the City of Unley community and is aligned with council’s strategic plans and addresses social inclusion and community health and wellbeing
- Be from groups that are based in the Unley Council area and/or can demonstrate that a significant proportion of the project participants are from the Unley community
- Demonstrate a need for financial support in undertaking the initiative along with the ability to contribute their own resources be it financial or in kind
- Ensure volunteers are engaged in the initiative
- Have a clearly defined promotional plan and evaluation process
- Caters for the needs of people with a disability
- Can obtain additional resources if grant money forms only part of the funding needed
- Not commence prior to 1 June 2023.
- Applications will be considered from not-for-profit community groups, organisations and individuals. However, please note that individuals may only apply under the auspice of a not-for-profit community group or organisation.
- Applicant organisations do not need to be incorporated but must have a current bank account in the applicant organisation’s name.
- Applicants must operate within the City of Unley area or be proposing an activity that will take place within the City of Unley area.
For more information, visit Community Grants Program.