Deadline: 23 January 2017
The Brazilian Fund for Human Rights, in partnership with the Ford Foundation is currently seeking proposals for its Human Rights Fund to support projects promoted by civil society organizations, as well as university bodies that are working in partnership with Organizations, groups and collectives in strategic litigation actions that also combine advocacy and communication activities.
The edict will support 11 projects aimed at promoting the right to the city; Right to land; Right to freedom of expression and organization; the rights of women, the LGBTI population, children, adolescents and young people; Racism, as well as projects for the protection of human rights defenders.
The Brazilian Fund for Human Rights has the mission of promoting human rights in Brazil. Our commitment is to provide resources for institutional support and the activities of civil society organizations and human rights defenders throughout the national territory, giving priority to those who have limited resources or who have difficulties accessing other sources.
Areas of Interest
- Strategic litigation, advocacy and communication actions that lead to social transformation, which influence State action and accountability, to review the implementation of public policies, as well as the implementation of legislation in the light of human rights and the application of structural judicial remedies.
- Performance in paradigmatic cases, in which there will be action before the Judiciary, regulatory bodies or public policy management councils, governmental sectors and international organizations.
- Innovative and interdisciplinary approaches as part of litigation and advocacy strategies.
- Performance at national and / or international level.
- Mobilizing and empowering communities to participate in the construction and implementation of litigation and advocacy strategies, as well as monitoring compliance.
- Actions in partnership between civil society organizations and social movements in partnership with clinics, legal practice centers in universities, Public Defender’s Office and Public Prosecutor’s Office.
- The projects to be supported should present at least one paradigmatic case of human rights litigation.
- The Brazil Fund for Human Rights will prioritize proposals that include more than one of the abovementioned focuses in articulation with the presented case.
- Proposals will be accepted from social organizations, groups or non-profit groups, whether or not formalized, with or without CNPJ, provided they meet the other requirements of this announcement. Proposals from university bodies for human rights practices may also be submitted.
- Projects of organizations that have not been incorporated in Brazil in accordance with Brazilian legislation will not be supported; Individuals; Government organizations; International organizations; political parties; Public and private companies; As well as organizations currently supported by the Ford Foundation.
How to Apply
All preliminary proposals must be submitted via postal mail.
Eligible Country: Brazil
For more information, please visit this link.