Deadline: 25 November 2016
The Consulate General of Sweden is seeking applications to support civil society organizations throughout Turkey, to function as a resource for its partners, and to provide a platform for public debate.
The Section for Turkish – Swedish Development Cooperation has promoted collaboration between the two countries since 2001.
- A more pluralistic civil society with strengthened popular support, which promotes democratic accountability.
- Turkey better fulfills its international and national commitments on human rights, gender equality (including the EU’s strategy for equality between women and men) and non-discrimination.
- Women and Men have, to a greater extent, the same power to shape society and their own lives.
- CSOs, foundations, associations, think tanks, academic, political and cultural institutions are welcome to apply.
- Applications from individuals or businesses are not eligible.
- Projects that foster novel collaborations between different institutions and sectors of society, that include activities in multiple regions of Turkey, that are co-funded with other grant makers are encouraged.
- Gender equality should be integrated into the applicants’ organizational structure and working methods.
The applications are welcomed for projects that aim to:
- Enhance opportunities to exercise human rights and advance democratic participation and accountability.
- Strengthen a pluralistic society and counter social polarization and discrimination.
- Cultivate a free and more informed public debate on human rights, democracy and the rule of law.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Turkey
For more information, please visit Call for Applications 2017.