Deadline: 3 August 2020
The Minister of Climate as the Operator of the “Environment, Energy and Climate Change” Programme has announced a call for proposals for co-financing of projects aimed at “Activities related to the protection of the environment and ecosystems carried out by the NGOs” .
The main aim of the Call for Proposals, intended to co-finance projects in the programme area Environment and ecosystems shall be to increase the resistance of ecosystems to negative effects resulting from climate change and adaptation to them through involvement of NGOs in active protection of ecosystems, mapping and assessment of ecosystem services and raising public awareness of climate change and its impact on ecosystems.
Additionally, projects implementation will contribute to the involvement of local communities in environment protection, and indirectly to reduce CO2 emissions by restoring wetlands to their proper condition.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Type of Projects
Projects involving the implementation of tasks from at least one of the following types of activities are eligible for funding:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Conducting active protection of endangered species and habitats;
- Combating invasive alien species and counteracting their spread;
- Mapping and assessment of ecosystems and their services services;
- Increasing awareness of ecosystems, their role and the services they provide
The objective scope of projects may consist of the implementation of at least one task as part of the actions you can choose:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- conducting active protection of endangered species and habitats:
- implementation of management plans for protected areas (Natura 2000 areas, national and landscape parks, reserves);
- improving the status for protected species;
- counteracting fragmentation of ecosystems;
- creating / maintaining / clearing ecological corridors to ensure the free movement of species between protected areas;
- protection of natural wetlands as organic carbon reservoirs;
- restoring degraded wetlands to their proper state.
- Preventing excessive tourist pressure on ecosystems by building and / or modernizing educational and tourist infrastructure can add value to the project, but cannot constitute the main scope of the project.
- combating invasive alien species and counteracting their spread:
- removing invasive alien species from ecosystems;
- controlling the occurrence of invasive alien species in ecosystems;
- identification of sources and routes of spreading the invasive alien species;
- elimination of sources and introduction of solutions to reduce spreading of invasive alien species
- mapping and assessment of ecosystems and their services;
- increasing awareness of ecosystems, their role and the services they provide.
- Amount allocated to the call for proposals: EUR 2,804,720 , i.e. PLN 12 104 891.04
- Minimum grant amount: EUR 50,000, i.e. PLN 215 795.00
- Maximum grant amount: EUR 200,000, i.e. PLN 863 180.00
- The grant rate of the requested co-financing shall be up to 90% of eligible expenditures.
Period of Eligibility of Expenditures in Projects
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The period of eligibility of expenditures in projects shall start on the day that the Programme Operator (the Ministry of Climate) decides to award the project grant.
- The period of eligibility of expenditures in projects shall expire on 30 April 2024.
Eligible Applicants are non-governmental organisations understood as non-profit voluntary organizations established as a legal entity, having a non-commercial purpose, independent of local, regional and central government, public entities, political parties and commercial organisations. Religious institutions and political parties are not considered NGOs according to Article 1.6(n) of the Regulation on the implementation of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.pl/web/climate/announcement-of-a-call-for-proposals2