Deadline: 31 August 2020
The Minister of Climate, as the Operator of the “Environment, Energy and Climate Change” Programme has announced a call for proposals for co-financing of projects aimed at “Development of high-efficiency industrial and professional cogeneration ”.
The main aim of the Call for Proposals, intended to co-finance projects in the programme area Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Energy Security, shall be to improve the energy efficiency in the industry and to improve the security of energy supply to individual consumers through the construction of new sources of high-efficiency cogeneration (high-efficiency cogeneration units or systems) and/or modernisation of existing sources to obtain high-efficiency cogeneration.
To qualify for the co-financing of high-efficiency cogeneration it is necessary to replace or build a new cogeneration unit or system, or to refurbish existing energy production capacity with new production units or systems based on renewable energy and/or waste heat created by industrial processes and/or natural gas.
The implementation of high-efficiency cogeneration projects shall lead to a corresponding reduction in the use of solid fossil fuels.
Priority will be given to projects that result in the largest reductions of CO2 emissions while maintaining the highest energy efficiency and cost efficiency, as well as the ones that result in the increase of social awareness concerning energy efficiency.
Type of Projects
To be eligible for co-financing, the purpose of the project shall be to:
- build a new electricity and heat production unit using high-efficiency cogeneration technology, or to increase the power production of such unit by its expansion or alteration;
- replace solid fossil fuels with renewable fuels in cogeneration systems;
- utilize waste heat created by industrial processes to fuel high-efficiency cogeneration systems;
- develop the production of combined heat, electricity and cooling sources based on renewable fuels.
- Amount allocated to the call for proposals: EUR 40,000,000, i.e. PLN 172 636 000
- Minimum Grant amount: EUR 1,000,000, i.e. PLN 4,315,900
- Maximum Grant amount: EUR 7,000,000, i.e. PLN 30,211,300
- The grant rate of the requested co-financing shall be up to 45% of eligible expenditures.
Period of Eligibility of Expenditures in Projects
- The period of eligibility of expenditures in projects shall start on the day that the Programme Operator (the Ministry of Climate) decides to award the project grant.
- The period of eligibility of expenditures in projects shall expire on 30 April 2024.
The entities able to seek grants as part of the Call for Proposals, according to the Programme Agreement, are SMEs and large enterprises.
Applications submitted for the “Construction/modernization of municipal heating systems and elimination of individual heat sources” call for proposals cannot be submitted for the “Development of high-efficiency industrial and professional cogeneration” call for proposals.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.pl/web/climate/announcement-of-a-call-for-proposals-development-of-high-efficiency