Deadline: 2 July 2016
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), an agency of Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking applications from organisations for a program entitled “Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Alliance” with an aim to facilitate long-term improvements to the national food safety system by strengthening interagency collaboration, improving States’ regulatory and surveillance protection programs for manufactured foods, conducting research, and promotion of the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards (MFRPS).
- Assist FDA in meeting provisions of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act;
- Support the efforts of Federal, State, and local government agencies to build an Integrated National Food Safety System;
- Establish systems for sharing, promotion, and collaboration of best practices, guidance documents, sampling plans, procedures, memorandums of understanding, and other tools to foster mutual reliance between Federal, State and local manufactured food regulatory programs and public health agencies;
- Assist FDA in the identification, development, delivery, promotion, and/or attendance of food safety and defense training programs to support conformance with the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards (MFRPS) and provisions of FSMA;
- Support the advancement of the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards (MFRPS) and the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Alliance (Alliance).
Funding Information: FDA/ORA intends to fund up to $2,943,750, for fiscal year 2016 in support of this grant program.
- National associations/organizations
- The national associations /organizations eligible to apply for funding under this cooperative agreement must be a national organization that represents State and Local manufactured food regulatory programs as a primary purpose.
- National Associations/Organizations are also viewed as primary sources for educational opportunities and current information, such as proposed legislation and emerging food safety issues.
- The association’s principle purpose must be to act as a leader and a resource to State and local manufactured food regulatory agencies in developing strategies to resolve and promote public health and consumer protection related to the regulation of manufactured foods.
- Additionally, the association must have knowledge on the infrastructure, capacity, strengths and needs of State and local food protection programs.
- The association must have successful experience in carrying out national efforts to build an integrated food safety system, which includes Federal, State, and local agencies.
- The association must be comprised of regular members that are officials of State and Local regulatory agencies that administer manufactured foods inspection programs in conjunction and in collaboration with FDA.
- Foreign Institutions
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Foreign components are not allowed.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application packages electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Alliance.