Deadline: 7 May 2019
The DM Thomas Foundation for Young People (formerly known as Hilton in the Community Foundation) is seeking applications for its “Central Grants Programme” with an aim to identify the most effective projects helping disadvantaged young people in the UK and Ireland.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Children and young people with disabilities
- Children and young people who are sick in hospital
- Children and young people who are life limited (requiring palliative care)
- Grant applications for up to £5,000 can be approved by the Director, up to £10,000 can be approved by the Grants Committee, and applications for more than £10,000 are recommended to the Trustees for final approval.
- The Foundation is a small charity and generally will not make awards of over £30,000 (per year).
- Funding can be requested for up to 2 years for any particular project.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Central grants can only be awarded to charities registered in England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Charity must be registered for a period of at least 12 months before the Foundation can consider awarding funding.
- Charities with overdue reporting (e.g. annual return) to these monitoring bodies will not be considered.
- Central grants are aimed at supporting smaller charities and therefore the Foundation will typically not consider large charities showing normal charitable expenditure of more than £2 million (except for children’s hospices, which fall under one of DMTFYP‘s core themes).
- Charities larger than this may still apply, but please note preference may be given to applications from smaller charities.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: United Kingdom and Ireland
For more information, please visit https://dmthomasfoundation.org/what-we-do/grants/dmtf-central-grants/
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.