Deadline: 8 April 2019
The East European Foundation has announced the grant contest to support vulnerable groups in the Republic of Moldova.
The Grant Program aims to facilitate vulnerable groups’ access to quality social services and to contribute to their integration into social life.
FEE will provide support to non-governmental organizations that will partner with local authorities to create viable support mechanisms for disadvantaged groups. Support will be provided to facilitate access to social, legal and medical services for disadvantaged groups in the community and will also create opportunities for social inclusion of these groups.
FEE will support initiatives that harness the principles of equality and non-discrimination, information, participation and empowerment, social responsibility and contributing to social inclusion.
Project approaches and priorities will be identified and approved by vulnerable groups in the community so as to ensure a participatory needs assessment and beneficiaries will be entitled to the initiatives launched.
The maximum amount requested in this grant contest will not exceed $ 20,000 per project, but the identification of sources of co-financing is also encouraged.
The projects will target a wide range of activities aimed at contributing to social inclusion and supporting the integration of vulnerable people into the economic and social life of communities and the country. At the same time, the focus will be on creating sustainable support mechanisms with long-term involvement of local authorities and business people.
- Entities eligible to participate in this contest are non-commercial organizations (public associations, foundations, etc.) officially registered and providing services to the general public in the region in which they operate. Candidates must demonstrate previous work experience in supporting vulnerable groups.
- The projects will necessarily include collaboration with the local public administration and the business environment of the target region.
Proposal Selection Criteria
- This round of grants will support projects that will demonstrate commitment and commitment to social inclusion of vulnerable groups from civil society and local public authorities. After the collection of project proposals, they will be examined by an independent panel of experts.
- The following criteria will be taken into account in the evaluation process:
- Organization experience
- The existence of local partnerships, especially with the Local Public Administration, the institutions public, business environment, proven through signed agreements, confirmation letters etc;
- The existence of voluntary contributions (equipment, transport, space, technical support, etc.), which would contribute to achieving the project goal;
- The strategy for achieving the objectives of the initiative is well developed and realistic;
- Involvement of future beneficiaries in problem formulation and solution identification;
- Human Rights Approach: The project contributes to the achievement fundamental rights and harnesses the principles of equality and non-discrimination, information, participation and empowerment, transparency, accountability of the holders of obligations;
- Gender equality: the project takes into account the interests, needs and priorities of both women and girls, as well as men and boys, recognizing the diversity of different groups women and girls, men and boys;
- Ensuring project sustainability: Significant changes that will result from this initiative for the benefit of vulnerable people.
- Organization experience
How to Apply
The sealed project proposals, which will be entitled “Grant Support Group Vulnerable Groups”, can be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://eef.md/index.php?pag=news&id=1025&rid=1391&l=ro