Deadline: 30 June 2017
The European Commission-Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion is accepting proposals for a program entitled “Awareness-raising activities on “Upskilling Pathways: New Opportunities for Adults” to support the upskilling of adults with low levels of basic skills or low qualifications by assisting public authorities in the implementation of the Council Recommendation on “Upskilling Pathways”.
The main objective of the call is to support the successful implementation of the Council Recommendation on Upskilling Pathways, thereby facilitating the access of low skilled and / or low qualified adults to flexible pathways for enhancing their literacy, numeracy and digital skills and/or progressing towards a higher qualification and re-engaging them in learning – as part of a New Boost for Jobs, Growth and Investment, one of the ten priorities of President Juncker’s Political Guidelines and as part of the New Skills Agenda for Europe.
- To help a given Member State to prepare the ground for the implementation of the Council Recommendation on “Upskilling Pathways” by:
- taking stock of any existing provision upon which full Upskilling Pathways can be built, and identifying gaps to be addressed and ways to do so, in cooperation with relevant stakeholders;
- supporting national authorities in the targeting of Upskilling Pathways at priority groups;
- To help a given Member State foster sustainable arrangements for the implementation of the Council Recommendation on “Upskilling Pathways” by:
- supporting relevant stakeholders both to disseminate information about, and stimulate the use of, the upskilling opportunities available, and to secure their involvement in concrete implementation activities in line with the general principles defined in the Recommendation.
- The total budget earmarked for the EU co-financing of projects under this call is estimated at EUR 1 000 000.
- The EU grant requested should indicatively be between EUR 250 000 and EUR 1 000 000.
- Place of establishment: Legal entities properly established and registered in the following countries are eligible as applicant (or lead applicant and co-applicant in case of consortium):
- Type of entities: To be eligible, applicants (sole applicant or lead applicant in case of consortium) must be public entities in charge of national or regional policies and actions for upskilling adults.
- Consortia: In the case of consortia, to be eligible, applications must be submitted by a regional, national or transnational consortium composed of one lead applicant and one or more co-applicants (affiliated entities and associate organisations are also eligible) established in eligible participating EaSI countries. Several applicants within the same region or country can join a transnational consortium.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Iceland, Norway, Albania, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
For more information, please visit New Opportunities for Adults.