Deadline: 31 July 2016
ORIX Foundation is currently inviting applications for its Community Innovation Project 2017 with an aim to help Dallas-area nonprofits create game-changing approaches to address social issues. The goal of the program is to identify and support sustainable solutions that demonstrate new approaches to persistent community problems in any of the foundation’s core focus areas.
- The Community Innovation Project is a unique grant opportunity, separate from our annual grant cycle that is made possible thanks to a $3 million contribution from ORIX USA Corporation.
- Awards are expected to be in excess of $250,000.
- Registered 501(c)(3) organization status
- Community-based programming serving the Dallas-Fort Worth region, home of ORIX USA Corporation’s headquarters
- A clearly defined plan to demonstrate high impact, including measurable qualitative and quantitative outcomes
- Ability to create enthusiasm and active engagement of ORIX USA employees
- Feasibility and capacity (leadership, governance, staff and systems) to execute on the proposed plan
- The ability to report on financial and other aspects of project performance during and immediately following the period of the grant
How to Apply
- This is a competitive grant process with five phases:
- Phase 1: Applicants submit Letter of Inquiry (LOI) by 5 p.m. on July 31, 2016
- Phase 2: ORIX Foundation approves LOIs on a rolling basis through September 15, 2016
- Phase 3: Approved applicants submit a full application by 5 p.m. on October 15, 2016
- Phase 4: Select charities make a formal presentation to a panel of ORIX Foundation board members, ORIX USA employees and other stakeholders
- Phase 5: Applicants chosen for funding notified in early 2017
- Interested applicants should create an account in grant management system and complete the LOI to be considered.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Community Innovation Project 2017.