Deadline: 31 May 2016
Embassy of the United States, Tokyo, Japan is seeking applications from organisations for a program entitled “PAS Annual Okinawan Media Tour” with an aim to encourage applications from the international community to support public diplomacy related to the U.S. military presence in Okinawa.
The U.S. Consulate in Naha conducts focused efforts to educate Okinawan media regarding the U.S./Japan bilateral security alliance, regional security issues, and expose them to base-hosting communities and the U.S. military presence outside of Japan.
The objective of this grant or cooperative agreement is to enhance local media awareness of the universal issues common to all base-hosting communities, the rewards and challenges of working with the U.S. military, and inform and engage the Okinawan media by broadening their experience and deepening their knowledge of journalistic best practices as well as military responsibilities and capabilities.
- Expanding media engagement
- Strengthening people-to-people ties between Japan and the United States
- Building and strengthening local partners
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Japan registered not-for-profit, for-profit, civil society/nongovernmental organizations, and educational institutions with relevant programming experience.
- This experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal.
- A copy of the organization’s registration should be provided with the proposal application. U.S.-based organizations should submit a copy of their IRS determination letter.
- Japan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States and Japan
For more information, please visit PAS Annual Okinawan Media Tour.