Deadline: 31 May 2016
Embassy of the United States, Tokyo, Japan is seeking applications from organisations for a program entitled “PAS Annual Okinawan Media Tour” with an aim to encourage applications from the international community to support public diplomacy related to the U.S. military presence in Okinawa.
The U.S. Consulate in Naha conducts focused efforts to educate Okinawan media regarding the U.S./Japan bilateral security alliance, regional security issues, and expose them to base-hosting communities and the U.S. military presence outside of Japan.
The objective of this grant or cooperative agreement is to enhance local media awareness of the universal issues common to all base-hosting communities, the rewards and challenges of working with the U.S. military, and inform and engage the Okinawan media by broadening their experience and deepening their knowledge of journalistic best practices as well as military responsibilities and capabilities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Expanding media engagement
- Strengthening people-to-people ties between Japan and the United States
- Building and strengthening local partners
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Japan registered not-for-profit, for-profit, civil society/nongovernmental organizations, and educational institutions with relevant programming experience.
- This experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal.
- A copy of the organization’s registration should be provided with the proposal application. U.S.-based organizations should submit a copy of their IRS determination letter.
- Japan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants can submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States and Japan
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit PAS Annual Okinawan Media Tour.