Deadline: 31 August 2017
The Youth Program engages and empowers youth leaders across the region to take ownership of the health of coasts and oceans in East Asia. Through Youth Program activities, young leaders can build the skills and professional development to become effective integrated coastal management (ICM) practitioners through action projects, supported by the PEMSEA Network of Learning Centers (PNLC).
PEMSEA recognizes the important role that young people play in the future of coasts and oceans and the success of the Sustainable Development Strategy for the Seas of East Asia (SDS-SEA). True sustainability of the shared seas can only be achieved if youth are actively involved in managing coastal and marine resources.
Up to $2,000 will be awarded for a winning project proposal for the sustainable development of coastal and ocean areas in the East Asian Seas (EAS) region.
- Program Activities
- Youth can participate in PEMSEA’s Youth Program through the following activities:
- Youth Action Projects
- ICM Site Activities
- Professional Development and Community
- East Asian Seas Youth Forum
- Applicants must be 18-30 years old and a citizen of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Viet Nam.
- Projects must be linked to sustainable development of coastal and ocean areas, preferably in collaboration with local government and communities that are implementing integrated coastal management (ICM) programs.
- The youth project must be affiliated with an institutional partner (e.g. PNLC or PNLG members, other universities, local governments, local NGO’s or similar institutions).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit The Youth Grant Competition.