Deadline: 15 June 2016
Rotary in partnership with the UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education is seeking applications for scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals that have been designed to promote long-term productive relationships between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities.
Rotary and the UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education have teamed up to tackle the world’s water and sanitation crisis by increasing the number of trained professionals to devise, plan, and implement solutions in developing and emerging countries.
Types of Scholarships
- MSc in Urban Water and Sanitation
- MSc in Water Management
- MSc in Water Science and Engineering
Scholarship Information: Scholarships for water and sanitation professionals are funded by TRF from the World Fund. TRF will pay €34,000 to UNESCO-IHE directly for each scholarship once all payment requirements and contingencies have been met.
- Provide funding for graduate students at UNESCO-IHE to obtain a degree in one of three Master of Science (MSc) programs, in Urban Water and Sanitation, Water Management, or Water Science and Engineering
- Support graduate students admitted to UNESCO-IHE who demonstrate academic excellence as well as an interest in fulfilling TRF’s mission
- Encourage the development of a long-term working relationship between the scholar and his or her Rotary sponsors
- Are sponsored by at least one Rotary club or district near where the scholar intends to work or live after completing studies
- Support communities in Rotary countries and geographical areas
- Are community-driven; sponsor Rotarians select appropriate scholarship candidates
- Have a sustainable and measurable impact on the sponsoring community
- Align with the goals of Rotary’s water and sanitation area of focus.
- Scholars are selected in a competitive process, based on their ability to have a significant, positive impact on global water and sanitation issues during their career.
- Successful applicants will have a strong academic background, significant and relevant professional experience, and demonstrated leadership in the community.
- Scholar agrees to fulfill the requirements of funding coordinated by UNESCO-IHE.
- Scholar maintains good academic performance with UNESCO-IHE throughout the scholarship period.
- After returning to their home country, work with Rotarian sponsors on an activity to make a positive impact on water and sanitation in their home community.
- Scholar actively participates in scholarship activities.
- Scholarships cannot be used to unfairly discriminate against any group or to promote a particular political or religious viewpoint.
- A sponsoring Rotary club or district can be awarded only one scholarship per academic year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals.