Deadline: 23 June 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from qualified organizations to fund an activity entitled “USAID/Enhancing and Advancing Basic Learning and Education in Bosnia-Herzegovina (ENABLE-BiH)”. It will focus on operationalizing teaching curricula for Science,Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) proficiencies and creating standards and guidelines for teacher education across all faculties, based on best international practices.
To amplify the effects of its current assistance programs, USAID/BiH is proposing a two-year activity to develop key educational competencies to foster a knowledge-based economy and advance economic growth. It helps BiH progress toward a harmonized economy, effective and transparent government institutions with a strong civil society, and a multi-ethnic, tolerant society.
Areas of Interest
- Develop operational teaching curricula for STEM proficiencies based on the Common Core Curriculum,
- Design standards and operational guidelines for implementing PPDM-related courses across all teacher studies programs.
- Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide $1,000,000 in total USAID funding over a two-year period.
- The period of performance anticipated herein is 24 months.
- Local organizations registered in BiH, as well as U.S.-based private voluntary organizations (PVOs), may participate under this RFA.
- USAID encourages applications from potential new partners.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
- The successful Applicant will be subject to a pre-award risk assessment by the Agreement Officer (AO).
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina and United States
For more information, please visit Enhancing and Advancing Basic Learning.