Deadline: 17 April 2017
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is currently seeking applications for its “Farm Business Management and Benchmarking (FBMB) Competitive Grants Program” to:
- improve the farm management knowledge and skills of agricultural producers
- establish and maintain a national, publicly available farm financial management database to support improved farm management
The goal of the Farm Business Management and Benchmarking Competitive Grant Program (FBMB) is to strongly support the intellectual talent and collaborative efforts to maintain the national, publicly available farm financial management database needed to meet the challenges facing the nation’s agriculture and food systems.
- Maintain and expand the already established national, publicly available farm financial management database to support improved farm management for producers of a variety of crops and livestock throughout multiple regions of the United States.
- Establish or expand collaborative farm management and producer association partnerships with the existing national farm financial management and benchmarking database to improve the farm management knowledge and skills of agricultural producers.
- The anticipated amount available for FBMB grants in FY 2017 is approximately $1.35 million.
- Proposed project budgets may not exceed $500,000.
- Projects may be up to three (3) years in duration.
- Eligible Applicants:
- 1862 Land-Grant Institutions, 1890 Land-Grant Institutions, 1994 Land-Grant Institutions, For-profit Organizations Other Than Small Businesses, Hispanic-Serving Institutions, Individuals, Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS status, other than Institutions of Higher Ed, Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS status, other than Institutions of Higher Ed, Private Institutions of Higher Ed, State Agricultural Experiment Stations, State Controlled Institutions of Higher Ed
- Pursuant to 7 U.S.C. 450i(b)(7), eligible applicants means:
- State agricultural experiment stations
- colleges and universities
- university research foundations
- other research institutions and organizations
- Federal agencies
- national laboratories
- private organizations or corporations
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.