Deadline: 15 October 2019
VREF has launched a new initiative for funding research and education on Mobility and Access in African Cities (MAC) to increase knowledge and research capacity on issues related to sustainable and equitable mobility and access in Africa.
The MAC program seeks to contribute to forming a new generation of highly skilled sub-Saharan university researchers and teachers, as well as to engage professionals, policy makers and actors within civil society who are committed to achieving goals of sustainable and equitable urban mobility and access. Leading international experts can also contribute to the program through collaborative research projects with their sub-Saharan African counterparts.
- Thematic Cluster 1: User Needs and Practices, Equity Issues
- Thematic Cluster 2: Governance, Politics, Institutions and Finances
- Thematic Cluster 3: Emerging Business Models and Services Options
- Thematic Cluster 4: Safety, Health and the Urban Environment
- Thematic Cluster 5: System Design and Modal Integration
- The total budget for this Call is 3 million Swedish crowns (approx. 280.000 Euros).
- VREF envisages supporting up to six projects, each with a grant up to approx. 47,000 Euros.
- The project grant can be used to cover costs for salaries, travel, equipment, possible workshops/project meetings and other costs directly linked to project implementation.
- Projects must be directed at generating new knowledge that clearly addresses issues in at least one of the above thematic clusters (linkages to additional thematic clusters may also be included).
- Projects must include comparative work from urban areas in at least two sub-Saharan African countries.
- The project leader must be based in a research environment at a university in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The project team must consist of researchers from at least two different universities in sub-Saharan Africa (other partners, such as cities, organizations from civil society or NGOs may also be included).
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2M1BnT8
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.