Deadline: 9 August 2019
The Foundation works to protect old-growth forests, expand habitats for endangered species on public and private lands, and link key wildlife corridors.
The Weeden Foundation has supported International and Domestic Population Stabilization projects based on the rationale that an increasing population causes greater impact on the environment and loss of biodiversity.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Domestic Biodiversity Program
- International Biodiversity Program
- Land Acquisition Program
- Population Program
- Consumption Program
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The average grant size is between $15,000 and $20,000, and only under exceptional circumstances do grants exceed $20,000.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The Foundation funds projects that:
- advocate for increased federal funding of family planning services
- promote reduction of immigration levels (immigration currently accounts for the majority of U.S. population growth);
- investigate the impacts of population-driven sprawl on adjacent wild areas
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- financial statements (preferably audited)
- list of Board of Directors and their affiliations
- IRS tax exemption 501(c)(3) certification letter or an equivalency document for non-U.S. based organizations (obtained in-country)
- project budget
- organizational budget
- other sources and amounts of institutional support (past, present, and anticipated future); and
- qualifications of key personnel
How to Apply
- The Foundation requires that new applicants (not current grantees) submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) via email.
- Returning applicants (who received a grant the previous year) do not need to submit a LOI.
For more information, please visit http://www.weedenfoundation.org/Weeden-Foundation-Applications.htm
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.