Deadline: 25 November 2023
- Amount: NPR 40,000 (Forty Thousand)
- Duration: To be completed by November 2024
- Number of Grant: One
Deadline: 30 November 2023
The grant award is aimed at recognizing, promoting and rewarding scholorty contributions to knowledge and enhancing habitat restoration; natural and environmental resource management; development and enhancement of livelihoods; mitigation and building resilience to climate change impacts as well as addressing loss of biodiversity for the benefit of nature, humans and the Earth.
The Annual Chief S.L Edu Memorial PhD Research Grant is sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) to build capacity and promote quality research in biological, natural and social sciences, law (environmental laws/protection) and allied fields for the promotion of sustainable natural and environmental resource management in Nigeria.
Climate-Resilient Coastal Communities Program – Canada
Deadline: 13 December 2023
Regional-scale approaches provide multiple benefits for advancing adaptation action including: collaborative planning to address complex climate change risks (e.g. sea level rise, coastal erosion, extreme events); more efficient alignment of resources and short and long-term actions; enable innovative solutions; and reduce risk of maladaptation or shifting risks to others.
Natural Resources Canada’s Climate-Resilient Coastal Communities Program (2023 to 2028) will fund up to 25 pilot projects that accelerate adaptation at a regional scale through integrated, inclusive, and innovative actions. The projects will advance systems-based approaches and will involve governments, Indigenous rights–holders, communities and organizations, businesses, academia, and other stakeholders to address key climate change risks.
- Up to a total of $30 million in contribution funding may be awarded for pilot projects.
- Up to $25 million in contribution funding may be awarded through this open call for proposals competitive process.
- Due to the complexity of these projects, projects requesting less than $300,000 of NRCan funding, will not be considered through this call for proposals.
Deadline: 11 January 2024
- Each grant can be of DKK 5-25 million, for a period of up to six years. The total grant capital in 2024 is expected to be DKK 135 million.
- The call does not support salary for scientists or research activities.
- Co-funding is not mandatory. Any potential co-funding of the infrastructure during the project period must be described in the budget.
- NNF will not award funding for:
- commercial activities
Public Call for Innovative Solutions for Green Transition (Serbia)
Deadline: 24 November 2023
The solutions are to be proposed in the following areas of the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans:
- decarbonisation (reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions),
- environmental pollution reduction, with a particular focus on air,
- protection and conservation of nature and biodiversity, and
- development of rural and sustainable food supply systems.
Deadline: 30 November 2023
Funding Information and Duration
- Envisioned projects should be achievable with contributions from Mellon of $250,000– $500,000.
- Grants will start on the first day of the month following approval and may have durations of up to three years. (For example, grants approved in October 2024 will start on November 1, 2024 and should end by October 31, 2027).
Call for Applications: SUSI for Global Student Leaders on Climate Change and Environment (Bangladesh)
Deadline: 2 December 2023
Calling all applicants for SUSI! What is SUSI you may ask? It is the Study of U.S. Institutes (SUSI) — a four-week undergraduate academic residency and a one-week integrated study tour to a region of the United States.
This year’s program is Global Student Leaders on Climate Change and the Environment. Tentative dates for this program are June 22 to July 25, 2024.
On the SUSI program, Global Student Leaders participate in an intensive short-term academic program that provides undergraduate student leaders a deeper understanding of U.S. culture and leadership skills.