Deadline: 14 February 2019
The Trans-Atlantic Platform has launched its 2018 Social Innovation, which will support international projects that can contribute to increasing their understanding of societal transformations and the role of social innovation.
- The multi-national and trans-Atlantic projects funded under this call are expected to both add to understandings of social innovation and deliver social innovation(s) through new research.
- Trans-Atlantic collaboration in this research call will facilitate:
- addressing social challenges faced on both sides of the Atlantic (e.g. digital divide; urban and rural developments and cohesion; access to public services and infrastructure; ethnic conflicts; human rights and legislation; the current state of democracy; equality and social, political and human values);
- learning from the experiences of multi-sectoral collaboration for social innovation practiced on both sides of the Atlantic (e.g. innovative forms of economic organization; new (digital) technologies and accessibility; global and local environmental issues and sustainable development; strategies for social cohesion; integration of health and social care services; improvement of education and overcoming of linguistic barriers);
- applying and adapting approaches from one locale to another;
- generalizing and/or scaling-up of local experiences.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The T-AP SI call will be implemented through a coordinated funding scheme where each funding organisation will fund its own eligible (national) research teams within a transnational TAP SI project partnership.
- The available contributions and the upper limits to the budgets that can be requested per project
- Since funding will be awarded according to the terms and conditions of the relevant funding organisation, the actual costs that can be funded through the project may vary for national research teams in a given transnational project partnership. Applicants should therefore thoroughly check all national and/or regional regulations and rules of the relevant funding organisations as outlined in the funding organisations’ Addenda to the T-AP SI Call for Proposals.
- Researchers from other countries/regions than T-AP SI partner countries/regions, and non-academic partners, may participate in the project as Cooperation Partners. However no funding can be applied for them from the T-AP SI call (unless otherwise stated within the funding organisations Addenda). A formal letter guaranteeing Cooperation Partners’ own funding for participating in the TAP SI project must be appended to the application. The successful execution of a project should not depend on these outside participants.
Applicants must apply as a transnational research project partnership, and partner with a number of national research teams based in the participating T-AP SI countries. Each project must:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- comprise at least three eligible research partners requiring financial support from funders located in three different T-AP SI participating countries; include research partners from both sides of the Atlantic, i.e., from Europe and the Americas;
- ensure teams in each country are led by an eligible Principal Investigator and designate one of the Principal Investigators as the project’s Lead Principal Investigator; and
- if the project is requesting funds from more than one funding organisation within the same country, only one Principal Investigator may be designated as the lead for that country.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.transatlanticplatform.com/social-innovation/