Deadline: 7 June 2016
Program Lots and Priority Areas
Lot 1: Enhancing CSOs contribution to accountability and fight against corruption
- monitoring the management of public finances and increase public awareness of the budget cycle at national and local level (including budget formulation, approval, public procurement, expenditures and revenue collection, audit and oversight);
- increasing local CSO’s capacities in tracking petty and grand corruption; this could include regional benchmarking and practical (peer) learning on fighting and avoiding corruption;
- monitoring and measuring progress of the implementation of government measures and commitments to fight corruption;
- monitoring and promotion of forthcoming/new anti-corruption legislation, and monitoring of the activities of, and results produced by, anti-corruption bodies;
- enhancing the access to and use of public information by civil society actors, civic initiatives and citizens;
- promoting collective action from CSOs and LAs in the area of social accountability.
- establishing and deepening dialogue between CSOs and government (in particular at local level) in order to promote accountability
Lot 2: Enhancing LAs contribution to accountability and fight against corruption
- enhancing the capacities of Local Authorities to collaborate with different stakeholders
- including civil society and private sector to promote transparency and accountability to citizens;
- promoting local development and enhancing LAs’ capacities to reach out the communities and the private sector and involve them in the definition, co-financing and implementation of local development initiatives;
- enhancing LA’s capacities to provide the citizens (both men and women) with transparent information on the use of public funds (local government budgets and plans, collected taxes and fees, audits, financial allocations, etc.), at district council, village/mtaa and ward level ;
- increasing LA’s capacities on accountability in land issues in order to reduce land/resource based conflicts (land transparency, LA’s involvement in land disputes, land resolution mechanisms at local level, fight against discrimination of women’s land ownership, etc.) ;
- promoting joint action from LAs and CSOs in the area of social accountability in order to promote greater stakeholder engagement at local level.
Lot 3: Inclusive participation in the political system
- Strengthening transparency and democracy of internal party politics, particularly candidatesetting and inclusion of women and youth in party decision-making
- Facilitating the formulation and implementation of gender- and youth-friendly policies having a direct impact on political participation and representation of women/youth
- Advocating for women’s and youth’s concerns to be included in party programmes (political parties) and national-level policies (parliament)
- Building the capacity of women and youth to participate in political processes and contest and win local government elections in 2019 and general elections in 2020
- Building the capacity of women and youth newly elected in the local government elections of 2014 and the general elections of 2015.
- Promoting accountability and transparency of sources and amounts of contributions to parties and candidates; advocating for limits on the amounts that parties or candidates may accept or on their expenditures.
Lot 4: Countering harmful practices and discrimination.
- Providing support and protection to victims or potential victims of female genital mutilation, child marriage, killings due to witchcraft allegations, and/or PwA
- Promoting civil society actions relating to adoption, ratification, and implementation of international human rights commitments, with specific reference to women and children rights and/or PwA
- Promoting civil society action towards sensitisation and advocacy of women and children rights and the fight against harmful practices and/or discrimination of PwA
- Promoting civil society action towards the implementation of national strategies to combat violence against women and children and/or persecution of PwA
- Promoting research and data collection on good practices to counter harmful practices and discrimination of PwA.
Please visit next page to view information regarding grant size, eligibility and application procedure.