Deadline: 3 October 2016
MacArthur Foundation invites proposals from the organizations from US and around the world for its 100&Change Competition, granting an award of $100 Million, to a single proposal designed to help solve a critical problem affecting people, places, or the planet.
The purpose of 100&Change competition is to inspire, encourage, and support people’s ideas, about how to address major challenges and enable real progress toward a solution.
The Competition is open to any ideas that identify a single problem and its proposed solution. However, most applications are expected to be focused on domestic issues in the United States, and in the world.
- The Competition Sponsor welcomes Applications from eligible organizations or entities that have a recognized legal existence and structure under applicable law (State, Federal, or Country) and that are in good standing in the jurisdiction under which they are organized.
- The following types of organizations are eligible:
- An organization under section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) that has received a tax determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”).
- A private foundation under section 501(c)(3) of the IRC that has received a tax determination letter from the IRS.
- A for-profit corporation organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- A benefit corporation, flexible purpose organization, or similar “hybrid” organization organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- A limited liability company or partnership organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- An organization organized under the laws of a foreign jurisdiction which has received a tax determination letter from the IRS or has been determined to be the equivalent of a section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) organization by NGO Source or the MacArthur Foundation for which an equivalency determination has not expired.
- An entity that is recognized under the law of the applicable jurisdiction as a non-governmental organization, an educational organization, a charitable organization, a social welfare organization, a not-for-profit organization, or similar-type entity that is not a for-profit organization or government agency.
- A for-profit entity organized and in good standing under the laws of the local jurisdiction in which it operates.
- Ineligible persons or entities
- Individuals and government entities are not eligible to submit Applications.
- No employee or Board member of the MacArthur Foundation (or a member of their immediate family) is permitted to participate either directly or indirectly with any organization submitting an Application; any such participation will disqualify the related Application.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to register themselves, in order to apply.
- Applications must be submitted through the online process.
For more information, please visit https://www.100andchange.org/
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- UNOV/UNODC Call for Proposals: Drug Abuse Prevention Centre (DAPC) Grants
- GPD Cyber Policy Training Programme: Inviting Participants from Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Caribbean
- Elsevier Foundation Green & Sustainable Chemistry Challenge: Seeking Applications from Developing Countries!
- ELRHA’s R2HC Programme: Up to £3m of research funding
- 2016-17 South Asia Women’s Fund: Supporting Women’s Rights Initiatives