Deadline: 3 October 2016
MacArthur Foundation invites proposals from the organizations from US and around the world for its 100&Change Competition, granting an award of $100 Million, to a single proposal designed to help solve a critical problem affecting people, places, or the planet.
The purpose of 100&Change competition is to inspire, encourage, and support people’s ideas, about how to address major challenges and enable real progress toward a solution.
The Competition is open to any ideas that identify a single problem and its proposed solution. However, most applications are expected to be focused on domestic issues in the United States, and in the world.
- The Competition Sponsor welcomes Applications from eligible organizations or entities that have a recognized legal existence and structure under applicable law (State, Federal, or Country) and that are in good standing in the jurisdiction under which they are organized.
- The following types of organizations are eligible:
- An organization under section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) that has received a tax determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”).
- A private foundation under section 501(c)(3) of the IRC that has received a tax determination letter from the IRS.
- A for-profit corporation organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- A benefit corporation, flexible purpose organization, or similar “hybrid” organization organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- A limited liability company or partnership organized under the laws of a State in the United States.
- An organization organized under the laws of a foreign jurisdiction which has received a tax determination letter from the IRS or has been determined to be the equivalent of a section 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) or (2) organization by NGO Source or the MacArthur Foundation for which an equivalency determination has not expired.
- An entity that is recognized under the law of the applicable jurisdiction as a non-governmental organization, an educational organization, a charitable organization, a social welfare organization, a not-for-profit organization, or similar-type entity that is not a for-profit organization or government agency.
- A for-profit entity organized and in good standing under the laws of the local jurisdiction in which it operates.
- Ineligible persons or entities
- Individuals and government entities are not eligible to submit Applications.
- No employee or Board member of the MacArthur Foundation (or a member of their immediate family) is permitted to participate either directly or indirectly with any organization submitting an Application; any such participation will disqualify the related Application.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to register themselves, in order to apply.
- Applications must be submitted through the online process.
For more information, please visit https://www.100andchange.org/
- UNOV/UNODC Call for Proposals: Drug Abuse Prevention Centre (DAPC) Grants
- GPD Cyber Policy Training Programme: Inviting Participants from Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Caribbean
- Elsevier Foundation Green & Sustainable Chemistry Challenge: Seeking Applications from Developing Countries!
- ELRHA’s R2HC Programme: Up to £3m of research funding
- 2016-17 South Asia Women’s Fund: Supporting Women’s Rights Initiatives