Deadline: 30 June 2016
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is seeking proposals for its Drug Abuse Prevention Centre (DAPC) Grants in order to support drug prevention activities by non – governmental organisation in low and middle income countries. The project aims to strengthen the capacity of civil society to prevent drug abuse globally.
This Call for Proposals takes into consideration the importance of harnessing all available resources towards the implementation of activities aimed at meeting the objectives of this grants programme.
Any grant awarded under this grants programme will be for a minimum of USD 10,000 and a maximum of USD 20,000
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Are focused on prevention of substance use
- Are targeting youth;
- Support the active participation of youth in their communities and are initiated, planned, managed, implemented, monitored and/or evaluated by youth, and connect youth to the activities of the UNODC Youth Initiative.
- Middle Childhood
- Early adolescence
- Prevention education based on personal and social skills and social influences
- School policies and culture
- Addressing individual psychological vulnerabilities
- Community based multi-component initiatives
- Tobacco and alcohol policies
- Adolescence and Adulthood
- Tobacco and alcohol policies
- Brief intervention
- Workplace prevention programs
- Programs utilizing entertainment venues
- Community based multli-component initiatives
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
In order to be eligible for a grant/contract, applicants must:
- be a non-profit making organisation or NGO registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is registered for at least two years – registration certificate needs to be submitted with the proposal to proof the status of the organization;
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- demonstrate prior experience of implementing activities in the area of substance use prevention, health education, youth empowerment or other related field of work;
- have the needed experience and capability to administer international funding;
- have a bank account.
- In order to be eligible, organisations who have previously benefitted from a DAPC grant, must submit a written statement explaining the difference between the proposed and the project. Furthermore, they need to have submitted the final report of the previous project.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The complete application form and budget must be submitted in Word and Excel or PDF by email at the address given on the website.
- All applications must be in English.
Note: Concept notes submitted without registration certificate, proving applicants status as a not for profit organisation, or without annual financial statements, will not be considered for funding.
For more information, please visit: https://www.unodc.org/documents/drug-prevention-and-treatment/Youth%20Initiative/DAPC_Call_for_Proposals_2016.pdf
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- UNOV/UNODC Call for Proposals: Drug Abuse Prevention Centre (DAPC) Grants
- GPD Cyber Policy Training Programme: Inviting Participants from Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Caribbean
- Elsevier Foundation Green & Sustainable Chemistry Challenge: Seeking Applications from Developing Countries!
- ELRHA’s R2HC Programme: Up to £3m of research funding
- 2016-17 South Asia Women’s Fund: Supporting Women’s Rights Initiatives
- Spider Call for Proposals: Promoting ICT-based Access to Education in the Developing Regions
- Applications Open for FY2016 Toyota Environmental Activities Grant Program!
- MacArthur Foundation’s 100&Change Competition: Awarding $100 Million Grant to Projects